Perfect repast to celebrate the end of the never ending winter we've had. I know you guys don't need a recipe for this. But I'll throw it in anyhow. Enjoy.
Watermelon Salad with Feta and Mint
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- One 8-pound seedless watermelon, scooped into balls with a melon baller or cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks (10 cups), chilled
- 1/2 pound feta cheese, crumbled (2 cups)
- 1 1/4 cups pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1 small sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mint leaves
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, salt, Tabasco and pepper. Add the watermelon, feta, olives and onion and toss gently. Garnish with the mint and serve. I don't like olives so I left them out.